The City of Cambridge City Hall was built between 1888-1889, and was largely a donation from Frederick Hastings Rindge. Architects were Longfellow, Alden, & Harlow (Alexander Wadsworth Longfellow, Jr., 1854-1934; Frank E. Alden, 1859-1908; and Alfred B. Harlow, 1857-1927). The building is 3 stories tall, with a bell tower that rises to 158 feet. Load-bearing stone walls are of Milford granite trimmed with Longmeadown brownstone. City hall houses offices for the city council, the city manager and several municipial deparements.