Due to audience enthusiasm and our growth over the past few years, we will be screening
in two additional locations. We keep our usual homes, the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
(MFA), and The Brattle Theatre, and we are adding the Institute of Contemporary Art
(ICA) and the Coolidge Corner Theatre for this year’s festival.
The festival will open with the Boston premiere of famed Italian/Turkish filmmaker
Ferzan Ozpetek’s film LOOSE CANNONS (MINE VAGANTI) at the ICA on Thursday,
May 3rd. We’ll be continuing the opening festivities on May 4th with our celebration of 20
years of LGBT cinema at the MFA. MOSQUITA Y MARI, a smash at Sundance, will be
the centerpiece of this event. Our Cambridge opening night will also be on May 4th with
the area premiere of Eldar Rapaport’s steamy drama AUGUST.
As always, The Boston LGBT Film Festival celebrates the full range of our cinema and
our community – from the serious to the absurd. We have a little bit for everyone, such
– International – explore our films from over 27 countries with films like the Swedish
finding love story (KISS ME) to a transgender road movie (LOOK AT ME AGAIN).
– Drama – get gripped about the stories ranging from The Brattle’s opening night film
exploring romantic triangles (AUGUST) to an unflinching look at being gay in Turkey
– Comedy – laugh your night away with love and friendship in Berlin (MEN TO KISS)
and a trans superhero (MADAME X).
– Musical – have some toe tapping fun with the musicals like our sneak peak film of a
nightlong search of sex, drugs & Rock-n-Roll (DYKE NIGHT) and our gay African-
American musical about finding your own family (LEAVE IT ON THE FLOOR).
– Coming of Age – watch youth films from around the world from the opening night
MFA film set in California (MOSQUITA Y MARI) to the first ever lesbian feature film
from Thailand (YES OR NO?).
– Sci-Fi – journey to the world of Sci-Fi with a hilarious gay Australian comedy tv
marathon (OUTLANDS) to CO-DEPENDENT LESBIAN SPACE ALIEN SEEKS
– Documentaries – from gay marriage in Maine (QUESTION ONE) to the first year
without laws banning same sex marriage (365 WITHOUT 377).
– Shorts – over 6 different shorts programs, including Youth, Trans, and Australian.
This year, we also have more events than ever. Check out our Boston LGBT film festival
website (www.bostonlgbtfilmfest.org) and the Facebook stage for more details about
– Opening Night Gala
– MFA Opening Night & After Party
– Brattle Opening Night & Reception
– Religion Panel Discussion