Festival meets demands of growing audience and expands program to 96 films;
BOSTON (March 28, 2008)—The Independent Film Festival of Boston (IFFBoston) today announced the films that will be featured at the Brattle Theatre as part of the 2008 Independent Film Festival of Boston. The sixth annual festival will be held at the historic Brattle Theatre April 25-April 27, 2008. This year, to meet the demands of its growing audience, IFFBoston has expanded its slate to include 96 films. The festival, complete with over 150 film screenings, filmmaker Q&A sessions, panel discussions, visiting filmmakers, parties and events will showcase the works of filmmakers who seek to create films that are life changing, thought provoking and expose aspects of life in new and revealing manners.
Some of the exciting films coming to the Brattle as part of the festival include:
– CRAWFORD, a fascinating and funny documentary about the changes the small town of Crawford, Texas went through when President George W. Bush moved there and how this divided the town
– DREAMS WITH SHARP TEETH, an entertaining and wild documentary about noted sci-fi author Harlan Ellison
– FROWNLAND, one of the most critically acclaimed films of the past year, directed by Ronnie Bronstein
– THE GREENING OF SOUTHIE, a documentary from IFFBoston alum filmmakers (KING CORN, 2007) about the construction of the first “all-green” building in Boston.
– THE LINGUISTS, a fascinating documentary that follows three men’s journey to the most remote parts of the earth to record dying languages
– FLASH POINT, a Martial Arts masterpiece starring superstar Donnie Yen
– MOMMA’S MAN, the best-reviewed film from this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Directed by Azazel Jacobs and starring Ken Jacobs.
– SAVIOURS, a documentary that is a thrilling portrait of the Saviours boxing club in Ireland.
– SECRECY, the brilliant new political documentary about government secrecy in the name of national security by Robb Moss and Peter Galison
– SEX POSITIVE, a fantastic documentary about Richard Berkowitz, a former S&M hustler who changed his ways and spearheaded the safe sex movement over 25 years ago.