Training managers, building strategic alliances, sharing resources, guarding editorial integrity, benchmarking performance, reviewing governance – these are some of the University Station Alliance (U:SA) initiatives.
U:SA Statement of Purpose
- To create a support system for stations licensed to institutions.
- To strengthen the public media system through improving the relationship between broadcasters and institutions;
- To focus on commonalities of purpose between a station and its institution-licensee; to integrate licensee/station missions and strategic plans so that stations have a place at the institution table;
- To assist stations in managing licensee relations on a day-to-day basis;
- To establish “firewall” standards of editorial integrity;
- To test the assumption that it is in the best interest of all institution stations to continue to be owned and operated by institutions; and if not,C/O Ernest T. Sanchez, Legal Counsel: email@example.com
- To explore available options and help the station/licensee facilitate the transition
C/O Ernest T. Sanchez, Legal Counsel: firstname.lastname@example.org