Dog Day Afternoon in Harvard Square
Dog Day Afternoon
Sunday August 24th 2008
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
An outdoor event in Winthrop Park featuring a presentation by Jenna Ringelheim, author of the recently released "Best Hikes with Dogs: Boston and Beyond.” All dogs are invited to the presentation and the hike around Harvard Square to our famously pooch friendly establishments. Co-sponsored by the always dog friendly Globe Corner Bookstore and the Harvard Square Business Association.
Jenna Ringelheim will talk about her favorite dog hikes, discuss hike planning and safety, and answer questions about how all hikers can have a tail-wagging, good time. The hikes in the book cover areas on Boston's outskirts, and as far away as Ipswich, Medfield, and Great Barrington.
Best Hikes With Dogs: Boston and Beyond will be on sale at the Globe Corner Bookstore, and Jenna will be autographing books at the event. Afterwards, we'll set out to walk or paw it on a short, guided Harvard Square hike. Please call or email us if a dog or two will accompany you - we'll reserve a "Biscuit Bag" (surprise gifts) for each attending pup.
Amber asks all dogs to:
- Bring your Bling (leashes, licenses and rabies tags)
- Lap up at our store at 90 Mt. Auburn Street (we'll have water bowls outside the store)
- Add your small photo (@3" x 5") to our collage of dogs hiking, in/on the water, or just hanging out (please email the small image to email@example.com or bring in the photo on the 24th). Please note that photos of your dog can be emailed from anywhere in Cambridge via Wi-Fi.
- Pass on attending and receive a take-home biscuit bag, if you're still working at playing-well-with-other-pups-and-kids.
- Plan to take care of business before entering the park
Dog Friendly Businesses in Harvard Square include:
TistiK on Church Street welcomes pups and their humans….the pups are treated to biscuits. www.shoptistik.com
Grendel’s parkside patio is perfect for pooches. Away from car traffic, dogs love to chill in the shade of their outdoor tables while their humans drink and dine. They provide your dog with a stainless steel dish of H2O, upon request!
The Sheraton Commander is a dog-friendly hotel. They allow dogs under 80 pounds and guests receive a doggie welcome package and treated to a Sheraton Dog Bed in the guestroom.
Pawed friends have always been welcomed at Abodeon. Woof! Woof!