HARVARD SCARE...if you dare...
Friday October 28 until Thursday, November 2nd
JOIN US IF YOU DARE…
• Spy Living Window Statues
• Enter the "Dressed to Thrill" contest or vote for your favorites (Grand Prize 2 Free Jet Blue Tickets!).
• Costume yourself for Trick or Treating - Children of all ages
• Grab a broom and a hat at our “First Annual Clean Sweeping of Harvard Square”
• Get schooled on our “Ghostly History Tours of Harvard Square"
• ENJOY all the cleverly concocted drinks, menus, discounts, costume parties, and events in Harvard Scare Shops, Restaurants and Cultural Organizations!
COMPLETE CALENDAR OF HARVARD SCARE RITUALS:
ENTER the "Dressed to Thrill" Costume Contest! Wear a costume to Harvard Scare between 10/28 and 10/31 and enter to win the most THRILLING (or chilling BEST COSTUME PRIZE). Pictures must be taken in Harvard Square and submitted to www.harvardsquare.com. The GRAND PRIZE for the most Thrilling Costumed Winner is two free JET BLUE tickets to anywhere that Jet Blue flies within the Continental United States. The GRAND PRIZE for the business that submits the most pictures of costumed contestants is a BANNER AD FOR one year on http://www.harvardsquare.com/. Beware of roving camera crews on the streets of Harvard Scare looking for winners!
Ghostly Tours of Harvard Square - an hour long "Guided History Ghost Walk through Harvard Square presented by Lively Lore www.livelylore.com. Timothy Sawyer will guide you to known haunts and a few surprises. Free tour will begin at sponsored locations...
• Friday, 10/27 at 7:00 pm at the Sheraton Commander Hotel. 16 Garden Street (meet by the statue of George Washington in front of the building).
• Sunday, at 5:00 pm meet in the foyer of The Harvard Coop, 1400 Massachusetts Ave
• Monday, at 7:00 meet in the front of Boloco, 71 Mt. Auburn Street
• First Annual Clean Sweep of Harvard Scare -Meet in Winthrop Park (JFK and Winthrop Street) at 3pm ..
• Ghostly Tour of Harvard Scare will meet at 7:00 pm at the Sheraton Commander Hotel. 16 Garden Street (meet by the statue of George Washington in front of the building). Free!
• Experience live costumed models in store windows in Saturday from 4pm until closing.
• 11:00 am at the Harvard Coop Kids Annual Halloween Hunt and Costume Contest (Lower Level). 1400 Mass Avenue
• Brattle Theater Jean Cocteau's “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Phantom Carriage” 40 Brattle Street.
• Jose Mateo “Dark Profiles” at 8pm. A featured work in José Mateo Ballet Theatre's 20 Years by Mateo (through Nov 12th) 400 Harvard Street - • Redline’s “The Grand Fromage Halloween Party 10pm - 2am. Prizes for the cheesiest, most dis-tasteful + politically incorrect costumes, Redline, 59 JFK Street
• Harvard Square Businesses will welcome costumed children for trick or treating Sunday, October 29th from 2pm to 5pm…
Calliope, 33 Brattle Street
Crazy Dough, in the Garage Mall on JFK
Brattle Theatre, 40 Brattle Street
Dado Tea, 50 Church Street
Grafton Street, 1280 Mass Avenue
The Harvard Coop, 1400 Massachusetts Ave.
Harvest, 44 Brattle Street
Hootenany, in the Garage Mall on JFK Street
John Harvard's Brew House, 33 Dunster Street.
Loeb Drama Center, 64 Brattle Street
Lush, 30 JFK Street
Mary Prentiss Inn, 6 Prentiss Street
Newbury Comics, in the Garage Mall on JFK
Petali, 1359 Mass Avenue
Seven- Eleven, 40 JFK - please ask for “Halloween Treats”
Sheraton Commander Hotel, 16 Garden Street.
Upstairs on the Square, 91 Winthrop Street
• Ghostly Tour of Harvard Scare will meet at 5:00 pm in the foyer of The Harvard Coop, 1400 Massachusetts Ave
• An All Hallow's Eve Celebration by the Richard Cambridge's Poet's Theater featuring the 2007 Lunar Calendar Release Party. Ryk McIntyre performs “The Day the Voices In My Head Formed A Theater Company. Club Passim, 47 Palmer Street at 8:00 pm.
• Second Annual Clean Sweep of Harvard Scare -Meet in front of Grafton Street at 10:30 am. Grafton Street, 1280 Mass Avenue
• "Halloween Help Desk" on JFK Street (near Conundrum Entrance – 56 JFK Street - ask an expert your deepest most repressed questions about Halloween...or for some really good costume advice…Lesley Bannatyne, resident author of 3 Halloween Books and Halloween expert for the History Channel will answer questions from 7:00 until 9:00 pm. www.fas.harvard.edu/~bannatyn
• Ghostly Tour of Harvard Scare will meet at, at 7:00 in front of Boloco, 71 Mt. Auburn Street.www.
• Third Annual Clean Sweep of Harvard Scare at 10:31am Meet at Lampoon Plaza.
• Harvard Museum of Natural History’s Halloween Family Festival - 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. Free with museum admission
Put on a costume and explore the museum on a Halloween scavenger hunt; discover the secrets of owls, moths, and other creatures of the night; and meet some spooky creatures from today and monsters from long ago. Bone up on skulls and skeletons or try your hand at Halloween crafts. Learn about the "unhuggables" in a live animal presentation.
John Foster, wildlife researcher, bat expert, and director of the New England Naturalist Training Center, will give presentations that explore the natural history of bats, focusing on the nine different species in our area. We'll examine study skins, view the intricate details of a bat skeleton, and view slides that will help us understand our neighborhood bats and dispel some of the myths surrounding the world's only flying mammals. Presentations at 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00 pm
Call 617-495-3045 for more information. Parking is available for this event in the Oxford Underground Parking Garage, 52 Oxford Street, Cambridge
Halloween Parties and Events Around the Square…
• John Harvard's Brew House host a Costume Party beginning at 7 pm – featuring Harvest Spice Ale with proceeds going to the Joey Fund. Prizes will be awarded at 10:30pm. John Harvard’s Brew House, 33 Dunster Street.-
• Grendels Keg Tapping and Costume Party – Enter to win your very own Ceremonial Keg of Paulaner Munich Lager (One of only 20 kegs in the U.S!). Second prize: Grendel's Beggar's Bankcard good for $25 worth of food or beverages at Grendel's Den. Third prize: Grendel's 35th Anniversary Long-sleeved T-Shirt from American Apparel. Must be 21 to win the keg. 89 Winthrop Street
• Halloween Party at OM from 9pm - 1am, Entertainment: Live DJ and awards for best costumes: First Prize: $300 cash, Second Prize: OM gift certificate - $300, Third Prize: OM gift certificate - $100. OM, 92