Go Green Walk Ride Black Friday!
This year, Black Friday falls on a Go Green! Walk/Ride Friday, a time when Harvard Square businesses encourage everyone to walk, ride bike, take the T, or carpool and reward those who wear green and go green with incentives for their “earth-friendly efforts!”
For more info about Go Green Walk Ride Friday’s please visit www.gogreenstreets.org
Harvard SquareWalk/Ride Day Sponsors:
Wear green, go green and get rewarded on Friday. November 27, 2009
* Cardullo's Gourmet Shoppe (6 Brattle St.; (617)491-8888): Mention your participation in Walk/Ride Day on Walk/Ride Day or anytime during the following month and receive a free Green Tea Energy Bar and 50% off on Cardullo's reusable canvas shopping bag. www.cardullos.com
* Darwins Ltd. (148 Mount Auburn St.; (617)354-5233 and 1629 Cambridge Street; (617)491-2999): 10% off on all purchases for those who cycle that day, and can prove it! www.darwinsltd.com
* Eastern Mountain Sports (1 Brattle Sq., 2nd Floor; (617)864-2061): 15% off on all purchases! www.ems.com (plus, a little known secret... at EMS you can go in ANY day, say that you participated on the previous Walk/Ride Day, and get 15% off).
* Grendel's Den Restaurant and Bar (89 Winthrop Street; (617) 491-1160): Come in on Walk/Ride Day and be entered into a raffle for a $25 gift certificate! To enter, simply mention the offer to your server to receive your entry card. Winners will be drawn and contacted on the following Monday. www.grendelsden.com
* Herrell's Ice Cream (15 Dunster St.; (617) 497-2179): Free hot fudge topping on your ice cream!
* Tis-tik (54 Church St.; (617) 661-0900): Go green, wear green and be entered into a raffle to win a free handmade recycled bag! www.shoptistik.com
* Uno Chicago Grill (22 JFK St.; (617)497-1530): Get 10% off and a free dessert with purchase when you wear green and go green! www.unos.com
* Veggie Planet (47 Palmer St. (in Club Passim); (617) 661-1513): Raffle off a gift certificate for lunch/dinner for two! www.veggieplanet.com
* Vision House (7 JFK St.; (617)661-3676): $100 off a new pair of glasses! www.thevisionhouse.com
* Wainwright Bank (One Broadway, Cambridge MA Phone: (617) 498-2500; 176 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge MA Phone: (617) 234-2255; One Brattle Square, Cambridge MA Phone:(617) 354-3616): Free recyclable pens, t-shirts, and re-usable shopping bags to all Walk/Ride Day participants!
* Wellbridge Athletic Club (5 Bennett St.; (617)497-1516, and ask for Melissa Murphy. Or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org): Members get a free guest pass and can enter a fitness-related raffle! www.wellbridgeac.com/cambridge
For more information about these and other Harvard Square Events and Special Offers please visit www.harvardsquare.com